Tuesday, September 3, 2019

I Love You Very Much

 The One Person that offered those words without any prompting was my Dear Nan.

We didn`t say it usually, that`s the thing isn`t it. If you don`t feel loved you need to hear it, long to hear it. If you know with great certainty you are loved by someone then its not always necessary. She was so loving in her ways and we kissed when we saw each other I never thought about it. I suppose she was born of a time when maybe it wasn`t said much, but shown often.

I visited one time when she was drawing closer to the end of her years.
At the end of the visit I kissed her good bye and as I turned to go she held on to my hand and looked at me with such love and she said earnestly

" I love you very much "

I smiled back at her, a little awkwardly as she had caught me off guard, it meant so very much to me to hear her say that, I was so moved....
I told her I loved her too....
We were both still smiling to ourselves as I turned and left.

I loved her dearly and I always, always will. 



No comments:

Post a Comment