Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Happiness

 I associate happiness not just with joy and laughter but with peacefulness and calm too, these are interchangeable for me....

The Seasons, I love to watch them turn, Autumn is my favorite, in fact just this time of year, the sun`s warmth is valued more as we know its slipping away, crisper mornings, evenings with a nip in the air, trees and leaves and crimson sunsets, cosier nights with candles and the fire lit. It all makes me happy.

Music, I`ve recently discovered some long play Indie/Folk channels, so soothing to listen to.



Being at home, soft sunlight playing around the room as it filters through the trees, strangers who smile for no reason, drivers who give way with a wave and a smile, dog walkers who chat to their dogs as they go, the sweetness of the young and old and people who have time for both, tea in a favorite mug, the table laid for a Roast dinner, random takeaways, fireworks, good neighbours who talk to your cat as they arrive home just the way you do, conversations with cats mine and those I come across, rain on sunny days, thunder and stormy skies, out of season seaside towns, paw prints, Rumi, charming book covers, finding feathers and visits from robins, snowmen, falling asleep easily, a good laugh, often at my own expense, the moon and stars, witty one liners and general tomfoolery, hot water bottles, random well timed bad language, good manners, children's books with beautiful illustrations, gratitude, choirs....... all things that bring me happiness







No comments:

Post a Comment